Wednesday March 1st, 2006

Another year, flying by ... already a quarter of the way through. I haven't written in awhile as nothing seems to be coming to me. The weather in Taiwan has been rain, rain and more rain. I imagine things will clear up in the next few weeks. I am really looking forward to being warm and brown! I gave myself a buzzcut yesterday in anticipation of the coming heat!

The biggest news I have is that I've finally finished my first chinese textbook ... 25 chapters, 500 pages ... done! I can't believe it. I purchased book two and will be starting it next week. It looks quite difficult as it doesn't offer the bo, po, mo, fo ... aka, the chinese alphabet ... nor does it offer english translation. This book doesn't focus much on grammar but it does offer a deeper insight into the culture, which should make for an interesting read. I'm really looking forward to it ... now if it would only start rolling off my tongue.

Not much else to say ... I am planning a trip back to Canada in August. I hope to spend a week and a half in ON and a week and a half in BC ... I will post the dates when I book my flight. I may try to do that soon in hopes of getting a cheap flight. I was luckily bumped up to business class on my way back from Cambodia ... gosh, it was nice. I'm not sure I can afford the luxury for the long flight home, but I will certainly check to see what the price difference is!

Anyways ... I'm going to try and clear up this hangover. Yesterday was a holiday in Taiwan and I had a small potluck ... we got into the tequila and my stomach is screaming at me today ... ugh!

No comments :