Sunday September 5th, 2010


The past week has been a whirlwind of activity. Week two of holidays, done. Things of note:

One ... I subbed on Monday for one of my coworkers. It confirmed my decision that teaching English in a classroom environment full time is not how my year should be spent.

Two ... I managed to syringe some of Datsun's urine for testing. He remains healthy but has picked up a bad habit of not putting his butt down in the litter box. I've inquired around the net and it seems that it will take time to go back to normal. In the meantime, I've been helping him to hold it down as I don't know how else to retrain him. He hates it. I think he can't stop peeing once he's started so he has to put up with me. Upon finishing he tears around the house three or four times making this loud sound of frustration and anger. Little does he know I feel the same way! I think I'll have the video camera ready for the next pee. It's like clock work and quite amusing!

Three ... I've seen the 推拿 a few times and I'm not fully sure it's for me. I think it's helping but the dude is totally strange. I understand about 50% of what he says as he speaks quickly and has a real Taiwanese accent. I often tell him I don't understand what he's saying but he just continues rambling on. It's a bit frustrating as it makes me realize I have a LONG way to go in my Mandarin ability.

Four ... 學費 as per the photo above means tuition which is due tomorrow at Ming Chuan University. One more week of holidays before studies begin.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught ~ Winston Churchill

No comments :