Las Vegas - Day Four ...


Monday I wanted to sleep in but was up at 8am. It was my last day in Vegas with so much to do and not nearly enough time. I spent part of my day at the old Vegas strip which would have been much better during the evening. Beggars can't be choosers. We stopped at the Stratosphere on the way home for a view and some rides. The big thundercloud above was a bit unfortunate as we weren't allowed outside. Safety first, damnit.

I got home just in time to leave for dinner with my family. The restaurant, I was told, was called "Hole in the Wall". It was so, SO good! After dinner, it was time to say goodbye to my mom and grandma along with many other family members. It was teary as there are no set plans to when I might see them again.

I headed off to watch the dancing fountains in front of the Bellagio. The song, "Time to Say Goodbye", by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman. I could hardly talk after it ended. It's one of my favorite songs and was much too appropriate for the occasion. It ended my time in Vegas ever so perfectly although the night was not over.


I rushed home to find my dad and my brother. I promised to meet them for drinks but was running an hour behind which seemed to be the norm during my short stay. A few of us went to NYNY for a drink before retiring for the night ... it was well after midnight and I had a 5:45am wakeup call ...

No comments :