The Philippine Diaries – Day Twelve

I slept fairly well though I found myself giggling in bed throughout the night at the noise outside. Cows, pigs, roosters, dogs, motorcycles, someone singing. I went to the restaurant at my guesthouse around 7:30AM desperate for coffee but no one was around. The driver from the boat was gardening and called out for someone to help. ‘Coffee’ was all I could say.

I ordered breakfast and then went back to my room to pack up. I was contemplating going back for a second round of zip lining at the Loboc Ecotourism Adventure Park but decided it probably wouldn’t have been nearly as exciting as the day prior. I had a one hour drive to get back to Alona Beach. I needed to return my rented scooter at some point that day.

I asked the lady at the Loboc Cool River Resort to get my bill together and it was then that she told me breakfast wasn’t included in the price of the room. Upon arrival she told me it was and I told her I didn’t really know so I took her word for it and had breakfast every morning. I wouldn’t have eaten breakfast had I known it wasn’t included. I suppose it was partly my fault for not looking at what I had booked exactly though I also felt that they shouldn’t have so confidently told me breakfast was included without checking first. Had I been a broke backpacker, I would’ve been quite upset as it ended up tacking on 1500PHP/900NT/CAN$40 to my bill.

Hinagdanan Cave
I departed at 10:30AM. The drive back was straightforward and went quick. I got back to the Alona Hidden Dream Resort just before noon hoping they’d have a room available. They did not. I left my big pack behind their counter and set off in search of the Hinagdanan Cave. It was on my list of places to see though it had very mixed reviews. It was 50PHP to go inside, 5PHP for scooter parking and an extra 75PHP if you wanted to swim inside the cave. It was a neat cave and I loved that you could swim inside. I didn't trust the water so I neglected to go in though it was a neat idea.

I went back to the Alona Hidden Beach Resort after 1:00PM hoping they would have a room and they did. I was put in the exact same room as my last visit though the room looked much cleaner this time around. They added bathmats in the bathroom, which was a nice touch. I dropped my pack on the floor and didn’t even bother unpacking, as I would be departing very early morning.

I was starving so I went across the street to the Seven Seas Restobar. They had fast Wi-Fi and the food was delicious! I had a chicken and cheese quesadilla with a cold beer. (490PHP)

On my way back to the room, I stopped at the 7-11 for a tall beer and some salt and vinegar bites and then headed to the resort pool with my book. I did nothing but float and read for two hours. I had the entire pool area to myself. It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

Sunset on Alona Beach
The guys from Bohol Scooter were coming around 5:15PM to pick up the scooter from the resort. After I returned it, I headed down to the beach for sunset. I walked up and down the entire length of the beach. The sunset wasn’t that great but being back on the beach with my feet in the sand was relaxing.

I picked up some spring rolls and some freshly cut pineapple along with two beers on the way home and stayed in my room for the night. My alarm was set for 5:00AM. I watched some TV, took a shower and had my lights out by 8:30PM. I put in my earplugs and hoped for the best.

No comments :