Monday October 31st, 2005

It's been 11 days (十一天 shi2 yi1 tian1) since I've placed anything here ... I am currently working on a story about my travels in Fiji ... as I have so much to say, it's hard to say where it's going to go ... soon, it will be posted.

I have Datsun in my lap ... my apartment is starting to feel chilly as winter (冬天 dong1 tian1) fast approaches. A cat in a lap is always a nice way to keep warm, although I can see I am going to have to break down and buy a big heater. I wasn't thinking about heating this big apartment when I agreed to take it! For those unaware, Taiwan doesn't have central heating.

I spent the weekend in Kenting ... it's on the south coast of Taiwan. I had been there once before, but I forgot how much fun that place could be. We had a work trip ... two buses in total, about 50 people, I'd say. The weekend was full of fun ... 7 hour bus ride ... food ... dune buggies on the beach ... resort pool ... food ... scuba diving ... food ... drag show ... KTV ... booze ... 5 hours of sleep ... food ... 3 hours on the bus ... food .... 3 hours on the bus ... food ... I ate more that weekend than I did the whole of last week.

It was very tradional style, so it was quite interesting. Imagine, a big round table that can seat about 10 ... a smaller circled table sits raised on the bigger circled table ... this smaller table can spin around ... allowing one to spin it to reach his or her desired dish ... they brought us about 11 dishes for lunch and a repeat for dinner ... plates full of noodles and white rice and fried rice and squid and shrimp and fish and stomach and beef and pork and clams and ham and veggies and soups with fishballs and crab and sea cucumber ... I mean ... ridiculous.

Anyways ... all in all it was an amazing time ... as our group had thinned out and we were mostly foreigners (外國人 wai4 guo2 ren2) we managed to get ourselves into some fun at the evening shows with hot boys as hot girls and hot girls as hot girls and hot boys as hot boys ... haha! Tennis ball boobies in guys faces, boys real parts in girls hands, ice down guys pants ... and so on ... too much fun ... pretty unbelievable that they can get away with that!

And on that note ... that's all for now ... goodbye! (再見 zai4 jian4)

1 comment :

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.