Monday January 23rd, 2006

Sadly to say, I think I have given up on my Cambodia trip. My travel agent hasn't gotten back with anything promising. A friend of mine has decided to tag along for one week and it seems that he got us some flights today, but the date coming back is too early and it's about $6000+ more than what I was originally quoted. That's a few hundred bucks, I'd say. If I really want to go badly enough I suppose the money shouldn't matter ... but to be honest, it kinda does matter. I'd like to take a month off in September to get back to Canada ... I have a lot of things to take care of.

Speaking of ... I'm having a sale ... the best kind there is ... free stuff. I need to get rid of my storage locker. I know I'm not going to reside in Canada for some time and it just doesn't make sense, financially. My parents are covering the costs now as they've moved my stuff to Victoria ... (thank you, thank you ... gosh I'm gonna owe you some money ... I hope you're keeping the receipts!) ... So, the catch ... the free stuff resides in Victoria. So, friends and family ... if anyone wants a piece of me, now is the time to get it ... giggle, giggle!

Anyways ... Cambodia ... I need to get there soon as I'm not sure I can begin to comprehend the daily development. Thailand changed so much within a two year span, it was shocking. Cambodia is the up and coming hot spot and I'm kinda kicking myself for not making it there in 2003. I must admit ... it was hard not to doddle my way through Thailand ... I was trying to hurry ... five weeks just wasn't enough.

I am going tomorrow to find out about that second job. It will put me at 30 hours a week ... about 5 more than I'd like to be teaching ... but sometimes you just gotta do it. Maybe, if all goes well with my new found job, I can sneak a Cambodia trip in around June ... gotta keep your dreams big ... cause you know, some of them just come true!

No comments :