Thursday March 9th, 2006

Yesterday I bought myself my very first vacuum cleaner ... exciting stuff! For the past year I've been using one of those little hand held mini vacs ... this new one proves to be so much more powerful! Maybe ... if I'm lucky ... I'll even be able to suck up one of the little ones ... Levi just better watch her steps around here.

I started book 2 this week and I'm finding it a little difficult. They have decided to change the font which makes me feel as though I am learning to read again. The characters I use often are fairly easy to make out ... the problem lies within the characters I haven't used so much. The thing is, this book doesn't have the bo, po, mo, fo ... not that I've fully memorized that anyways ... nor does it have the pinyin, so when I come to a character I can't read, my finger stops and it's only then when I am reminded how foreign this language is.

I got a new private for the moment. It will be for 2 hours a week. It's about a 10 minute drive from my house, so the location is good and it is in the morning, so timing is also good. The lady's name is 陳小姐 or Miss Chen. I will have to ask her tomorrow if she has an english name ... if not, I will have to give her one. Her younger sister will be sitting in on our class tomorrow to see if she can understand enough as she'd like to hire me on for another 2 hours a week. Miss Chen's English isn't that great ... I had to arrange the whole meeting on the phone in Chinese. During our first hour class we spoke some chinese and some english to help each other understand what we were trying to say. If anything, this is going to help the basic chinese process along to perfection!

The weekend is almost here again ... it's my favourite time of the week! I hope to get out for some more hiking which means more photos of this great country! Keep your eyes posted!

No comments :