Rainy Days ...

So ... the funny thing is, is that the typhoon has taken a loop around us. It is now heading for Japan ... yet, it still won't go directly over Taiwan. We are certainly feeling the effects from it. The wind has been quite strong the past few days ... rain has been coming down most of the afternoon ... I could hear it inside my classroom while I was teaching today ... now that, is a downpour. Worked out well as that's one of my new vocabulary words for the week. After reviewing the concept of compound words, I got to introduce the true meaning just by taking the kids to the windows at the front of my school.

I live in Taipei county and rainy days can be a funny thing. As most people ride around on scooters and the likes, traffic can be kinda quick if you're up for a little weaving here and there. When it rains such as today, everyone brings out their cars ... I'm baffled as to where they are all parked ... underground here and there, I suppose. Anyway ... people tend to forget that cars are about 10 times the size of scooters ... they try to drive the same way ... thus causing traffic everywhere ... thus causing no movement ... thus causing the car-less riders to get soaked in the "downpour". As a rider, you do have the advantage as you get to zigzag your way to the front ... but when the cars aren't moving, it's kind of like directing your scooter through a maze with a little gas and a lot of foot work.

Arriving home around 1130 from my morning private ... I was soaked. It nicely stopped at 130pm for my 10 minute ride to work. My last class ended at 6:30 ... pouring. Again, upon my arrival home ... soaked. I did laundry two days ago. It's hanging in the small enclosed balcony but the clothes aren't really drying ... the thunder and lightning have started.

I think we'll be up for a real hot spell after this one. The outdoor pool here is open ... and what a grand place it is. I will get some pics as soon as this 'you know what' rain stops. The rain aside ... it's like being on holidays all the time here in Taiwan. It's going to be a hard place to leave.

I suppose there's a little bit of paradise everywhere ... you just gotta be determined to find it. I've found my bit for now. My next paradise, I hope, will be on the ocean ... not sure which ... Indian, perhaps?!?

You gotta dream big!

No comments :