Friday July 21st, 2006

Week three of summer camp is down ... one more to go ... it's been great fun! My days are busy from early am to late pm. Knowing that I have nine days until my holidays doesn't help the feeling of exhaustion that overwhelms me most days.

We took the kids for a two-day camping trip to 桃園 (Tao Yuan). There were about 60 kids in total ... maybe 20 adults. The days were hot and busy but great times were had by all!


The afternoon activities on our first day there consisted of some adventurous things ... keep in mind these kids range in age from 6 - 13, most of them being on the younger side of that range. There was a 5 story tower which we got to got to rappel from ... twice. We then were able to try a zip line, as well as rope walking. Half of the kids tried it with only a few ending in tears from being scared. I was right beside them with their feelings of fear. I do have to say ... it was awesome!


So ... it seems that I've been featured as 'blog of the week' ... Taiwan Blogs
I am going to spend the weekend cruising around to see what others in Taiwan get up to ... this blog has given me some ideas as to a new weekend project ... eyes posted ...

4 comments :

Emma's Kat said...

Sounds like everyone had a blast! What great work your doing for the kids! And I LOVE the picture of the tower? I'm assuming it's for the rope walking and zip cording? Awesome picture though! And congrats on being featured as "blog of the week" on Taiwan blogs!

Jennifer Turek said...

Yes, you assume correctly ... and thanks for your comments! I was surprised about being the blog of the week ... funny where this blog has taken me!

Anonymous said...

Found myself lost in your photos, thanks for sharing.

Jennifer Turek said...

I'm glad ... thanks for the comment!