Tuesday July 11th, 2006

颱風碧利斯
Typhoon Bilis


It is scheduled to go directly over Taiwan in about 2 days time. I don't know if it'll be big enough to warrant a day off work, but that would be nice. I've been out of the house from about 10 - 14 hours a day. We are week two into summer camp. It has been fun so far ... I really think the kids are enjoying themselves. I have a small collection of pictures in the works and I hope to post an album within the month.

As the bottom of my blog counts away, it seems that I'm looking at the 19 day mark. It is going to be well earned after these 40+ hour work weeks. In writing that ... I suppose that might not sound like a lot .... however, it is double my regular teaching hours.




These days, I find myself thinking about the things I haven't been able to have in the past two years like sour keys and Swiss Chalet and Lay's ketchup potato chips and East Side Mario's salad and tiger stripe ice cream ... mmmm mmmm good. I suppose it's a good thing I have me some new joggers ... with a list like that, one is going to need them!

The countdown begins ...

6 comments :

Emma's Kat said...

You better take care w/this storm coming! Is it supposed to be bad? Be safe! I have a question. And I hope I'm not being nosey, but how did you come to live in Taiwan? And where are you from/going back to in 19 days in counting?

Emma's Kat said...

Oh, btw! Levi will be posted this Friday!!

Jennifer Turek said...

I can't wait to check out which photo(s) you've chosen ... thanks for letting me know!

I'm not sure if the storm will be bad ... time will tell! My brother used to live in Taiwan and that's why I came here ... I never planned to stay this long, however. Life in Taiwan is pretty easy and always very interesting.

I will be heading back to Canada to visit for one month ... I can hardly wait as it's been two years since my last visit!

18 days ... and counting ....

Geoff said...

That's a pretty angry looking storm.

Better make sure you have your umbrella handy and there's no leaks in the roof.

Jennifer Turek said...

It is getting uglier by the moment ... unfortunately, umbrellas are useless at this stage! It's going to be a wet one.

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»