Wednesday August 2nd, 2006

I am hoping today is the day that I find myself in tune with the time. The past few days have been a bit of a write off as I've been quite tired throughout the day and quite awake throughout the night.


Yesterday, Brother J and I went out around Hamilton. He took me to Battlefield park which doesn't seem nearly as massive as I remember it. It's been years and years since I've been there ... I mostly remember going as a little girl. I did get some photos but the day was almost too bright for me to get anything good.


The weather has been at an all-time high, temperatures are in the high 30's. To me, it feels like a very dry heat ... I am quite enjoying it. We get this heat in Taiwan for months on end, but with it we get this amazing humidity that keeps you soaked wet with sweat for most of the day. I'm not sure I even broke a sweat yesterday.

Dad has been laughing at me since my arrival. He leaves his air on all the time which means I'm in pants and a heavy sweater while inside ... usually with a blanket on my feet to cover my cold toes. He can't believe I feel chilly, but I don't think he understands the heat I reside in. Taiwan homes don't have central air, so it's a very different thing over there. I live in the hot, hot heat with two fans and a great cross breeze ... one just gets used to their environment.

After Battlefield Park, Brother J and I proceeded to Value Village ... one of my favourite places to shop! For $22CAN I was able to buy two tanks, two long sleeves and a pair of surf shorts ... what a deal! I love that place! The clothes in Asia, for me, aren't a great fit ... I am shaped quite differently than that of a Taiwanese girl.


After Value Village, the fun continued on to Stoney Creek Dairy. I had two scoops of tiger stripe ice cream on a cone ... another treat, indeed!


I hung around the house last night with Dad and Freda. We watched Canadian Idol ... it's pretty funny and not nearly as exciting as the American version. The talent seems to lack in comparison. While watching TV, I was able to indulge in some Lays Ketchup potato chips that Freda had bought for me in the afternoon. Thank you, Freda! I was considering having some more for breakfast this morning, but I think that would be pushing it.


Brother J is moving into his new apartment in a few short hours. The earlier the better as we don't want to move in the high heat of the afternoon. I am, once again, reading The Alchemist. This is my third time through. I am only a few short pages in and it's already a breath of fresh air. I will leave you with some words from the book for thought:

“To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation. Whenever we do something that fills us with enthusiasm, we are following our legend.”

How true, those words ...

No comments :