Friday September 8th, 2006

The outside world seems angry today ... it's been thundering for most of the morning. Last night was the first night since I've been back that I didn't have my fan on. I actually awoke at some point in the night to close the window and put a cover on. The other time I awoke, both of the cats were lying on top of me ... guess they were feeling the chill of the night as well.

The weather calls for rain for another week or so, with temperatures in the mid to high 20's. I suppose there comes a time every year when it has to cool down a bit ... it reminds me that I want to move to a warmer, year-round kinda place. The rain has started, yet the skies are blue ... the weather in this country never ceases to amaze me. This year, I vow to get better rain gear.

I'm glad today is Friday. This week was my first full week being back to the grind and I'm feeling a bit tired. Our school hours have changed, so I am expected to be at school for an extra half hour, four days a week ... unpaid. It's nice to have a half hour break between my classes, but of course, I end up working for the whole half hour which, again, isn't paid. Hmmm.

My Chinese classes at Wen Hua will start in just over two weeks. I am really looking forward to them. I could've started classes on Monday, but I thought it best to take a few more weeks to enjoy more holidays and that lovely pool. Now if only the rain would stop ...

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Jenn
Way too early to be up...still have not decided which month I should come next year...you find the perfect month and let me know...I am saving and already packing...love

Anonymous said...

OOps, forgot to say this is one of your sadder blog entries...were you smiling?

Jennifer Turek said...

As you won't be able to stand the heat, I would think early next year ... April or Mayish? I am planning to go to Laos or Vietnam over the Chinese New Year ... perhaps I should hold off so we can go somewhere? I'm thinking Indonesia or the Philippnes?

You of all people should know I am always smiling! Can't wait to see you.