Thursday October 19th, 2006

I am, once again, sitting down to write with nothing much to say. Things have been a bit busy on my end. The weather, however, has been fantastic. It's been in the high 20's to low 30's with sun and blue skies. The humidity is gone ... with the hot sun comes a decent breeze. I've been shutting my window at night which tells me the cold is coming.

Today we were talking about heating during one of my classes. I told my kids that it's kind of like air conditioning except it brings warm air. I told them I have a heater here, at home, so it can be used during the winter. They argued with me stating that it's not cold here in the winter.

It got down to 4 last year ... with no central heating, concrete walls and white tiled floors ... it gets cold. They seem to think otherwise. It's funny. In the summertime, you will see a foreigner, myself included, walking around wearing as little as one can get away with, soaked through with sweat. In that same moment, you will pass this little Taiwanese girl dressed in jeans and a tank with a black long sleeve and ... ?? ... not even a drip of sweat.

And the winters aren't cold?!?! Brrr ...


It's going to be an early night for me. I start Chinese lessons tomorrow. My new teacher will be here for a 9am class. I am very excited. I am also a bit nervous.

Tomorrow should be somewhat of a fast day. It will consist of Chinese class, lunch with a friend, my regular classes, then home. Having had to work last Saturday made this week out to seem long. I will be thankful for the two day weekend!

No comments :