Monday November 6th, 2006


Monday arrived too quickly, once again. The weekend was busy. It started off with a welcoming party for the new teachers at my school. The school decided to take us to KTV. It is said that outside of Japan, Taiwan is known to have the largest number of Karaoke clubs, aka KTV. These clubs, some of them being unbelievably extravagant, consist of floors and floors of private rooms for people to rent. Each room has a big screen TV, it's own high-tech karaoke machine, couches and tables and chairs and a bathroom. Food and drink orders can be placed via an in-room telephone.

Saturday morning was spent drinking lots of water because I drank too much beer the night before. I had lots of errands to run during the day and a bbq to attend Saturday night. The bbq was fantastic ... lamb chops and ribeyes from Costco ... mashed potatoes, salad and ... pumpkin pie. Yum! It was another late night or would that be early morning?!

Sunday I felt tired. I'm not used to going out on Friday and Saturday night. I had my second rugby practice Sunday afternoon and it was great. I still find the game to be a little confusing, but I suppose it will all come together quick enough.

Luckily, a lot of food was leftover from Saturday's bbq. A few of us got an invite back for some more yummy goodness. Another night of good eats!

Chinese class today was awesome. I am learning some great stuff. My new teacher has really been able to clarify things for me and grammatically, he has helped me to see things I've not been able to see as of yet. Seems there is still a chance of me becoming a Mandarin speaker.

My teacher will be assigning me writing homework as of next class. Each week I am to write a 300 word paper, trying to use all the new vocabulary. That's going to be tough, but I realize it needs to be done if I want to learn how to write.

That's all I got for now. I think it's time to relax and settle with a movie. I am looking foward to a long sleep this evening. I've had about 13 hours sleep since Thursday am and that just doesn't cut it!

2 comments :

Adamcbradway said...

You have the ability to make simple mudane things sound interesting...That is true writing talent. Nice.

Anonymous said...

I like the art. Very cool.