Sunday December 31st, 2006


I thought it only appropriate to blog on the last day of 2006. I managed to sleep until 10:30 this morning and found myself awakening to the sound of rain. The clouds are starting to clear now ... I am able to see the mountains out my window.

I found myself at C.K.S. Memorial Hall last night as our dance teacher had a performance there. Most of the staff from my school were in attendance. It was a very unique performance.

This morning started with some good friends, french toast, berries, bacon, champagne and orange juice. I have to be ready to go out tonight by about 6:30pm. The night will be full with lots of things, so I hope the rain stays away.

The night's activities will include going to my friend's student's house, heading to long time friend Petey V's ... after that ... who knows. Taipei 101, the tallest standing building in the world for the moment, will be having fireworks at midnight. I was told an estimated 4 million are expected ... ugh.

I hope to have my camera to take some shots of the fireworks and the nonsense surrounding! Should make for interesting scenery if every person were to be holding an umbrella.

I think it's time for an afternoon nap with the kitties ...


I hope everyone has a fantastic New Year's celebration. I suppose my night will be well over before some of you even begin! All the best for 2007!

3 comments :

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi again. That sounds like a great breakfast! Looking forward to some pics of the fireworks. I'm not sure what the time difference is, so hope you have had, are having or will have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the plaque's words of wisdom again...I could not remember what it said...I only knew it was purrrfect for you. Happy New Year Little Miss...we are coming into the midnight hour now...my goodness, 2007, can you believe it? Can we borrow your cook here in Canada for a late brunch very soon in the new year? Hee hee...

Jennifer Turek said...

I can't believe it ... 2007 ... you could perhaps borrow my cook, although it will cost ya!