Monday February 12th, 2007

Yesterday, the day was spent playing Paint Ball ... it was awesome! I am left with a nice sized bruise on my left shoulder and it seems that if I bend over, I feel pain on the top of my head from another hit ... it's only a small bump, really. I have added a new album with some photos ... please take a moment to enjoy.

The last Monday of winter camp was great ... it was spent ice skating. Think now of the bump previously mentioned and then all the skates I had to bend over and tie ... can you say headache?

I can't recall the last time I had on a pair of ice skates. The thing that did amaze me today was the fact that most of the kids don't know how to skate. I can't recall when I learned, it seems like I've always known. When they pulled out the plastic pink chairs, I recalled memories of learning, holding onto the back of something similar ... certainly not something pink and plastic, however. I suppose when you grow up in a warm country where snow and ice don't really exist, why would one know how to ice skate?

Tonight is going to be an early one for me ... between the 7am rise and two days of having too much fun, I find myself exhausted. I've not been home for the past six nights ... sleeping curled up with cats is definitely in order. Four more working days until the Chinese New Year begins.

I've been hearing great things about Penghu, I can feel the excitement starting. I guess it'll be one week tomorrow that I'll find myself on a plane heading to the tiny island. The weather feels like Canadian summer so hopefully it will decide to stick for the holidays. Come on Friday ... I am so, so ready!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Jenn It looks like everyone had a good time...did you have lots of places to run and hide? I have always thought it would be fun, was it? Hope your bruise, bumped head and sore fingers are recovering...enjoy your last camp week. Should be easy with your next week holiday schedule....

Anonymous said...

Jenn by the way, did you wear boys or girls skates? Did you enjoy the reintroduction to skating after these many years away from it?

Jennifer Turek said...

There were lots of places to run and hide ... great fun! The skates were more like girls ... there wasn't an option, they were all the same. It was great to be on skates, although I felt a bit wobbly at first.