Larry the Lazy Lizard


Apparently I wasn't the only one using the room for the week. A night or two in ... it's the middle of the night ... I go to use the bathroom and there's a big lizard between the toilet and myself. He won ... I held.

Next morning, he had himself lodged in the roof like the above pic. We took note of each other and he remained for another day. Day two, I made some noises as I was trying to take some photos. His tail starting banging continually against the wall. Was he happy? Angry? I didn't really stick around to find out.

He stayed for another day so I guess he wasn't too concerned. I was thinking that it would be great to charge him rent ... these are the things that go through your brain when you have days on end to burn with nothing to do.

I suppose my life was a lot like his. I didn't jam myself up in the roof of a bungalow bathroom, however. I chose to swing in a hammock on the beach ... hours wasted. Or were they?

No comments :