Thursday April 24th, 2008

My short rugby life might not be so short-lived after all. I was in for most of the two games played on the weekend. We lost the first game, won the second. My knees aren't feeling that bad. Not 100%, but well on the way, I hope.

Reading the newspaper may have come to a halt for the next while. I love taking a stab at the crossword puzzle, which I'm getting better at all the time. Yesterday's paper contained a story about two boys in grade nine. In front of their 高雄 high school they thought it might be fun to set a puppy on fire ... douse it in gasoline and set it on fire. When the three month old puppy started running around in bursts of flames, yelping, the boys didn't know what to do so they ran away. Surroundings don't fair too high on my priority list at the moment. Perhaps going back to living in my own little world is the better place to be. If it wasn't for that crossword puzzle ...

Physiotherapy should be over by Monday or Tuesday ... it's going to be nice to have my mornings back ... now if only the weather would cooperate. I think I may get back into some Chinese classes a couple of mornings each week. With thoughts of leaving at the end of the year, I find myself questioning the importance of Chinese. A new teacher may present inspiration ... we shall see ...

Levi and I are having a bit of a fight over here ... I think I'm winning as I have the ability to lock her in the cat carrier ... she, however, has a real set of lungs for a little thing ...

I have no class tonight which I'm very thankful for. I now find myself working for a family eight hours a week in the evenings over four nights. I'd like to keep up with my language exchange but having two partners and only one free night ... I want to keep it as mine. I'm working most of the day on Saturdays as well ...

Suppose that's the way it goes ... work hard, play hard ... I'm anxiously awaiting playtime which never comes fast enough!

No comments :