Saturday July 26th, 2008

It looks as though typhoon 鳳凰 will go through the center of Taiwan tomorrow. I best do all my errands today as Sunday will probably be rained out.

I have 'cooking fun' next week for summer camp and I'm going to make sandwiches on a stick with the students. I also thought it'd be fun to make Rice Krispie Squares. Ask me if I've been able to find a box?! I did manage to stumble upon some marshmallows, but still no luck with the cereal. There is one more place I am going to check out today. If they don't have them ... I'll have to come up with something else.

I am four clues away from completing yesterday's crossword puzzle. It's very exciting considering a year ago I was only able to get four words on the whole puzzle. I am stumped by the last four and will have to get today's paper to help me with the answers.

I spent yesterday afternoon at the zoo with my two private students and their mom. It was another hot day in Taiwan ... about 35°. I didn't get many photos. A few I like are posted in the album on the right.

And with that, I'm off to continue on the search for Rice Krispies. I'd like to beat the heat of the day ... it's already 29° and just after 9am.

No comments :