Wednesday July 16th, 2008

Half way through July, I find myself thinking about some travels. A few months back, I asked my work about taking a three month holiday. They agreed quickly and a little too easily.

It took them a few months to realize that a three month holiday works out to half a semester ... our school only has a one week holiday at the end of August. I was approached a few days ago for reconsideration. They are pushing for two months as opposed to my wanted three. I know how tiring living out of a bag can be, so perhaps two is the wiser choice.

I've been trying to decide what to do with Datsun and Levi. There is a pet hotel close to the airport. Their website doesn't offer any pricing, but it did contain a phone number and some photos.

Two cats for two months will run me about 25,000nt ... I think that works out to be around $800CDN. That means the cats are going to cost more than my plane ticket .... hmmmm?! I imagine it to be a safer, cleaner option. I will check out the hotel before I make any decisions. Due to the length of their stay, the hotel is willing to negotiate. That being said, the above offer is the price under negotiation ... the daily rates add up to 10,000nt more.

I am considering 阿里山 for my upcoming holiday. It's not going to be cheap ... it's the equivalent of flying back over to the Philippines for a week. I sometimes forget that I'm on foreign ground already. There's still much to see on this tiny island that I call home.

I guess I find myself thinking about holidays as these 33 teaching hours each week are killing me ... I'm absolutely exhausted. Kids. Can't imagine having them on a full time basis. I have five and a half weeks of summer camp and then it's back to (somewhat) smooth sailing.

A typhoon is in the area ... fingers crossed for it hitting Thursday night, granting Taiwan a typhoon day on Friday. Sounds much more enjoyable than the 13 hour day that awaits ...

No comments :