Six Weeks of Winter ...

Tuesday, 8am, 17°.

I have six more weeks of Taiwan winter before I find myself back in summer. Absolutely no complaints here! I've booked my flight which is scheduled to leave on the afternoon of January 27th.

I finally got around to telling my father about my plans and it went better than expected. I got the typical 'save your money', 'there are bombs going off over there', and 'those people are crazy' type comments. It seems to me that bombs are going off in all corners of the world though, not just Asia. Every country has a bit of crazy ... and yes, some a bit more than others. Am I going to let that stop me from doing the things I want in life? Nope.

The way I see it ... you get one time around. During that time, you can choose to shelter yourself up in routine life or you can opt to get out there and experience the things that make the world what it is.

It's a very easy choice for me. One needs to take the opportunity when it presents itself. I've worked hard to make it present itself and now it's here.

I'm taking it!

No comments :