Friday September 11th, 2009


What a week. I'm absolutely exhausted but it was awesome!

My first test was on Tuesday although I wasn't aware of it upon my arrival that morning. I either wasn't fully listening after class on Monday or I misunderstood. My score, 88%.

If I've not mentioned before, 90% is considered a pass at the school I teach at. Over the past four years, I've been known to be on my students' cases for scoring 88%. Not good enough was my immediate reaction. Learning in an environment which isn't your first language makes it difficult. My teacher speaks quite fast and uses vocabulary I've not learned as of yet. After Tuesday, I've become better at asking for clarification when I've not fully understood her meaning.

Second test was on Friday. I was aware of this one and had time to prepare. My score, 98%! That's more like it.

I decided to kick back and watch a movie tonight in hopes of relaxing. The other day, my friend Lesley wondered when people would start making shorter movies for this generation's decreasing attention span. She makes a great point. I was able to sit through an hour before feeling the need to do something else. That something else led me to writing this post.

I think I am done with this as well. And now, on to something else ....

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Jenn
Very good, congratulations, you driven woman! Lesley and you make a very interesting about the attention span of the young. Perhaps my book is too long afterall. Alas. Now, my attention is taking me elsewhere, so off I fly!!
love you!