Sunday October 4th, 2009

There were a series of earthquakes, eleven to be exact, from midnight until 6am. The biggest was around 1:30. Magnitude, 6.3. From the looks of the weather, the first typhoon has arrived. As per the satellite, it doesn't seem to be big. I was hoping it would allow for a day off tomorrow as I still have much Chinese homework to do.

The second typhoon shows that it will change direction in the next day or so and head up past Japan. I love the way you can clearly see the eye of the storm.

I'd like to get out for some exercise and find myself bothered by the fact that the gym where I live is closed. It certainly takes away some of the appeal when the 'club med' doors are closed. There has been no sign of reopening, only talk as to how expensive it is to run the facility.

I may try and get a membership at the University so that I can work out after my Chinese class. If I do that, however, I am unsure about where my homework will fit in.

Time. These days, there is never enough. I suppose that's what makes it precious.

2 comments :

MBSY said...

The shaking earth jolted me out of bed. When you live on the 10th floor, it is so amplified, it's scary. Love the blog! B.

Jennifer Turek said...

Thanks, Brad!