20 more sleeps ...

I left my chair for two minutes ... are you kidding me?

Cats never cease to amaze me. In such a short time span, one is under the pillow while the other sits on top. Two minutes ago, they were nowhere to be seen.

Perhaps it's a bit too early to be counting down. I am, for the first time in awhile, feeling the distance from my homeland. Three and a half years has flown by but I know the time passed will be apparent upon my arrival.

The Vancouver 2010 Olympics are just around the corner and a few friends have assured me that I won't recognize a lot of my old stomping ground. It's going to be interesting to rediscover a place I grew so fond of.

We will be celebrating Thanksgiving this week at school. Everyone is required to contribute a dish. Last year consisted of a cold turkey with horrible paste-like stuffing and no gravy. The plus side was the fantastic sushi and deliciously breaded crab.

My expectations aren't set high in the sense of tradition. I do know that a pumpkin pie from Costco has been ordered. I'm half tempted to disappear into a corner of one of the small classrooms with fork and pie in hand.

33 more sleeps until a proper holiday meal ... or would that be 34?! Either way ... I'm stoked!

No comments :