勢 ...

In looking up the above character in the Yahoo 字典, it came up with the following:

shi
ㄕˋ

1. power; strength
2. influence
3. momentum
4. testicles

Hmmmm. I'll have to make a note to ask about this word during my class on Friday. Should make for some good conversation!

I will be taking a taxi to my student's house on Thursday evening and this character is in the street address. I was looking it up to get the tone ... little did I know that it would bring a chuckle. Love that!

I started back to school today, agreeing to work one of my two classes. After having a lousy weekend, staying at home for another full week was NOT an option. I am not used to being so inactive. A 1.5 hour Chinese class and teaching two hours of English was about all I could handle. My whole body was shaking after class and I kind of felt sick from exhaustion ... but a two hour nap brought me to writing this post, leaving me feeling as good as (almost) new.

I think going back was the right decision. It was inevitable that I was going to be tired whether it be this week or next. The good news is that I have feeling back on certain parts of my leg and my foot. It's amazing how quickly the body heals and I am looking for a quick recovery.

After all, I have photos to take, walls to climb and mountains to hike. Life is too short for broken bones.

No comments :