Saturday July 17th, 2010

India - My favorite dessert:
Gulab Jamun

April 26th, 2009, I found myself in the Kolkata airport waiting for a return flight to Bangkok. I purchased Shantaram. The book is 950 pages which makes reading it a bit of a commitment. I started it on the journey home but it got lost somewhere in the shuffle of life. Months later, I made another attempt but it was once again put on the back burner.

The past few weekends have been hot and quiet. Eleven weeks have gone by since my injury and I still find it difficult to get around. I am down to one crutch in the outside world and none on the inside. It's happening. Doc said I can start some very light exercise like swimming and biking, ten to fifteen minutes a day. I say that is NOT exercise!

I started Shantaram for the last time. I am nearing the end. It has taken me back to my time in India which has been a delight. It has brought a slew of emotions along with. I suppose much like my time in India as each day varied from one extreme to the other. It's bought reminders of the amazing tastes, the scents, the sounds and the sights. Some are missed greatly while others are not. Enjoyable read and recommended.

It's already 30 degrees at 8:00am. Something tells me I'll be doing my 15 minutes of exercise at the pool today. Gotta start somewhere, right?!

No comments :