Making sense of things ...

Two months ago, I blogged about a strange man that lifted my broken leg in the elevator to examine it. A week or so after that, a Chinese blog about a family that jumped in my taxi without asking permission only my destination. During the journey, the man inquired about my injury while using his thumb to push into the fracture. I did not realize at the time that it was the same man.

Yesterday, as I was limping uphill on my way home from the pool, the man came over and asked if I'd remembered him from the taxi AND the elevator. How could I not? He told me his line of work, that being 推拿 or Chinese massage/acupuncture. It was hard to understand everything he said but I understood enough that it sparked curiosity.

Being a little hestitant, I posted a quick status update on Facebook and received some great notes in regards to other's experiences and knowledge.

I tried a session this afternoon and it wasn't bad. He was very gentle with my injured leg while being quite the opposite on the other ... yikes!

I plan to see him every day until I am able to hop back to my apartment solely on my left foot ... he said ten days which I find hard to believe.

That means one is down with nine to go ... bring it on!

1 comment :

Ben said...

Good to hear Jen! Soon we'll be battling those Ming Chuan steps together!