Wednesday August 4th, 2010

Having the ability to walk has been surreal. Visually, I see me doing it but I still lack feeling in different areas of my lower leg so it seems as though I'm not really the one in control. Walking is definitely like riding a bike ... one never forgets. It's obvious that a bit of time has passed since I've enjoyed the pleasure as I find myself uncertain at times.

My goal was to be back on my Vespa at the start of August. It didn't quite work out that way. It was an easy decision as my health is more important than the need to ride.

Each passing day allows me to go a few steps further at a quicker pace. I've resorted to living my life on a different time than most ... everything soars by me which leaves me wondering what the rush is all about. I know it won't be too long before I find myself in the fast lane.

If I could not walk far and fast, I think I should just explode and perish ~ Charles Dickens

No comments :