Wednesday September 15th, 2010

One full week has passed since my last post. Time seemed to escape me as things have been a little hectic in my world. Holidays are over and full time university has begun.

Every Wednesday morning I will find myself sitting in a 'History of Western Art' class. My professor is a fellow Canadian. As I was taking notes during her lecture today, I noted the following discrepancies:

I wrote 'theater' ... she wrote 'theatre'.

I wrote 'color' ... she wrote 'colour'.

It was odd to see the British spelling on the whiteboard. I found myself wondering when I unconsciously made that change. I guess that's what happens when one teaches American English for five years.

Although a little tired, I find myself pleasantly surprised. That being said, there is no rest for a girl trying to put herself through uni ... work calls ...

No comments :