The journey home ...

Back on the plane and preparing myself for the trip, it wasn't long before I realized we had been sitting there for quite some time. We were told the navigation system was malfunctioning and asked to deplane. One lady was working to reschedule the whole plane. About thirty of us were headed to Japan and we were told the plane would leave at 11am allowing us to make the connection.

(Transit time: 5 hours ... still in Vegas)

10:50am, still waiting at the gate with no word of boarding. We were invited on another flight heading to L.A. which departed at 11:15am ... our flight to Japan was scheduled to leave at 12:20. We were told the plane would wait for us so not to worry. I was off the plane at 12:20 and making a mad dash for the gate when I was told not to bother. The plane had gone on without us.

For the second time that day, I found myself at the AA service counter. Once again, one girl to help the thirty of us stranded in L.A. Twenty minutes later another agent finally came to help. I had been given a boarding pass with Singapore Air which left 30 minutes later. I was told Singapore Air closes the gate ten minutes before the flight so I best run and get my bag and then go over to departures and check in. Not having the ability to run didn't make this task easy but I was determined to get on that flight.

(Transit time: 9 hours ... still in L.A.)

Now would be a good time to ask if I'm going to fly with American Airlines again?! The flight was twelve hours to Japan. Due to the delay, I was required to go through customs in Japan, get my bag and then go back to departures to recheck my bag. Time was tight but I managed to catch the flight to TW. Exhaustion was setting in as it was the middle of the morning for me.

(Total transit time: 29 hours)

I was happy to be home and even more happy to crawl into bed for a long night of sleep ...

No comments :