PRO 6 — CON 2

The last class and the last post for this series of PRO vs. CON is Public Relations. The PR professor happens to be our class director and the person I spoke with for two hours about University procedures. He certainly was the only lecturer that seemed sympathetic towards the students that aren't native speakers of English. He would often translate more complex thoughts or words into Chinese and also liked to use it for humor. Being able to laugh along with my classmates was a good feeling.

The professor mostly read from the textbook which meant I didn't need to find time to do it myself outside of class. A good student probably would have but the content was very familiar and made perfect sense. Breezing through this class without effort and ending up with an A+ = another definite PRO!

I hope there are more classes like this next semester. Trying to juggle a fifteen-hour work week on top of FT uni can be tricky. The secretary of my program has suggested twice that I stop working. If I could get money to magically appear in my bank account, I most certainly would.

I won't start on rants about the University itself as the CONs will probably surpass. Besides that, the sun has decided to join us during this Chinese New Year holiday. No work means time for play!

No comments :