Saturday March 30th, 2013


One of the bonuses of living on a mountain is waking to the sounds of different birds and seeing things like hawks and Formosan Blue Magpies out the window. Over the past week, a pair of (what may be) Fulvettas have been frolicking in the plants on my balcony. It has been next to impossible to get a picture of the pair, but I will ... soon.


On the downside, sometimes you find things like wasps' nests or spider sacks on the balcony. Fortunately, I caught this wasp's nest in time, unlike the spider sack that went unnoticed until I saw (what seemed like) thousands of tiny spiders all over the inside of my kitchen and balcony. Since then, I've been very careful to keep my eyes open for things that shouldn't be on the balcony ... like this mama and her nest.

Mountain living = good times!