Taitung 台東 — Day 2 ...

Map of my first road trip in Taitung
Sure enough, 老紅 was waiting for me in the morning. After picking her up, we headed out immediately making our way up the number eleven (台11線) where the ocean is on one side and mountains are on the other. It is an absolutely stunning drive!

Sanxiantai (三仙台) has been on my list of places to see for some time. It was unfortunate that the bridge was closed for repairs. There was no water under the bridge but there were signs telling one not to enter.

The Sanxiantai Bridge 三仙台 remains on my bucket list (reopens September 15th, 2015)

The Donghe Bridge 東河橋 in Donghe Township

Vegetarian pizza from the Dulan Diner
I stopped at many scenic points along the highway and by the time I reached Dulan (都蘭) I was fairly hungry. I saw a sign for the Dulan Diner (都蘭食堂) and thought it would be a good place to eat. I ordered this pizza here and boy was it delicious. Vegetarian with all the veggies you could possibly imagine and a pesto/pine nut sauce. I also ordered an Indian Pale Ale which seemed to be brewed by this restaurant. The meal was a bit pricey at NT$520 (CAN$22) but it was so scrumptious! And leftovers!!!

No comments :