Taitung 台東 — Day 16 ...

Road trip route
My last full day in Taitung was an adventure. The goal was to explore more of the East Rift Valley, taking the 197 back to Taitung.

Along the stunning 197, I came to a split in the road. My options were to go up to a temple, to go down a tiny, broken road or to follow the sign to Taitung which had suddenly turned into a rocky road.

I thought the sign wasn't right, so I ventured up the temple road but could see on the GPS that it was the wrong direction. I ventured down the tiny, broken road but also saw this wasn't the 197. The way to Taitung really was along the rocky road.

I made an attempt to drive on the rocky road and  noticed a sign that said the road would be like this for the next 14KM. The rocks were big and not scooter friendly. I was afraid of popping a tire or it taking me a full day to complete this section of the road.

Thankfully the tiny broken road, which was extremely steep, led me down to a bridge and eventually back to the number 9. The things I get myself into!

A very successful day at the hot air balloon festival
Tethered hot air balloon ride NT$500

Walking around and enjoying the beauty of the Dapo Pond (大波池)

The wrong time of year to be at  Mr. Brown Avenue, yet still gorgeous

No comments :