Pingtung 屏東 — Day 14 ...

Along the Butterfly Trail at Maolin
Day 14 marked the last day of vacation in southern Taiwan. I made a quick stop at the Maolin National Scenic Area (茂林國家風景區) hoping to see hoards of butterflies after the overnight storm showers but had no luck.

On the other side of the Maolin mountain range is the small fishing town of Dawu (大武) . This was where I magically witnessed gazillions of butterflies last summer. Apparently they do fly over the mountain range in winter but perhaps there wasn't enough rain?!

I was going to take another quick tour around Maolin but it being Chinese New Year, people were coming into the area by busloads. We were very lucky to have the park to ourselves the week before!

I took off from Maolin fairly quickly and headed into Kaohsiung as I needed to drop my scooter off near the train station so it could be delivered overnight. I was hoping it would reach Taipei around the same time as I on Saturday and it did! So efficient! Until the next time, southern Taiwan ...




No comments :