Japan: Day 2 — Tokyo ...

Sure 6's Avocado Toast
I slept in and dawdled at the hostel for part of the morning before setting out in search of brunch. The skies had clouded over and you could feel rain in the air.

I found a place called Suke 6 Diner. It was a cute place with a healthy menu. I tried their avocado toast which comes on bread they make in-house. The dish was small for the price but it filled me up and was delicious.

After lunch, I made my way over to the Shinjuku Gyoen, one of Tokyo's largest parks. The entry fee was ¥200. The grounds were immaculate and the park was unbelievably quiet considering it's in the middle of Tokyo.

Just before the rain started at Shinjuku Gyoen
My next stop was to search out a clothing rental shop called Yamarent. I had an appointment for a fitting for some gear for Mt. Fuji. I wandered in circles following Google Maps but had no luck finding the store. After a half hour or so, I gave up.

Shinjuku has some wonderful architecture and as I spun around in circles looking up in awe, I noticed "YAMARENT" in big green letters from a window high up in the sky. Yes! Google neglected to mention the store was on the 6th floor.

After my fitting, I went over to the famous scramble crossing in Shibuya. It’s said to be the busiest intersection in the world. It was definitely a sight to be seen. A good place to view it is from the 2nd floor of Starbucks but good luck in finding a seat! It was pouring rain outside and I decided to treat myself to a Frappuccino. It was ¥610. (CAN$7) Yowzers!

The Shibuya Scramble Crossing
The rain continued to pour down and since most of my activities involved being outside, I decided to head back to the hostel. I took a small rest and then ventured out to the grocery store to buy some things for dinner and breakfast the next morning. I had cherry radishes again! It was a relaxing night and I went to bed hoping for better weather in the morning!

No comments :