CNY in Kaohsiung (高雄) — Day 3 ...

The Dome of Light at the Formosa Boulevard MRT station

The Dome of Light light show
There are daily light shows, about three to five per day. I arrived to the station around 10:15am and saw that there was an 11:00am light show. I decided to wait it out. Was it worth? Not so much. 

The art installation itself is extremely impressive. I'd been wanting to see it for years. It was another cold day making it a good day for indoor activities.

The Holy Rosary Cathedral Minor Basilica (前金天主堂)

Inside the Holy Rosary Cathedral (it was dark)
I met my co-worker for lunch after the light show. We went to the J Cafe, which is owned by a famous Taiwanese singer. The atmosphere and location were great but the food? Not so much. It was only OK.

After lunch, the two of us wandered around on foot all over the city. It was a great way to get my bearings before renting a scooter the next day.

2 comments :

Adam said...

Nice wide angles, the church reminds me of one i saw in Christchurch

Jennifer Turek said...

Thanks! Love me some GoPro!