2020 Goal: One book per month ...

Cruising through dry November has been much easier than anticipated. The glass is almost full! Last Sunday, a group of us went for a delicious thanksgiving dinner at one of the western restaurants in Taipei and the majority of the table neglected to drink. I thought I would crave alcohol or miss it but I don't. Huh! That being said, I am looking forward to a somewhat wet December where plenty of festivities are planned! 

In April, I started reading A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. I was not inspired and found myself struggling to get through the first 200 pages. Also, the new semester was in full swing and things got rapidly busy. 

As the end of the April was approaching, I realized I was nowhere near finishing the 600+ page book nor was I interested in continuing. I had nothing else to read so I picked up Blubber by Judy Blume

I have a very old Judy Blume set with Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, which is probably my favorite childhood book and one I've read a gazillion times, Otherwise Known as Shelia the Great, Then Again, Maybe I Won't and Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret. Blubber was an easy read and a story I've maybe only read once. In looking at this list, I don't think I've ever read Then Again, Maybe I Won't. I will have to add that to my 2021 list!


In May, I discovered Harlan Coben. I learned about him when Netflix was advertising a mini-series called The Stranger. The story looked interesting and I thought it may be fun to read the book first as I was struggling to find something to read.

 I ordered The Stranger from Book Depository and burned through it. It was hard to put the book down. About halfway through the story, I started looking at other Harlan Coben titles. He has written a ton of stuff and it was hard to choose what to read next. I ordered Missing You to read in June. It was also a very enjoyable read!

I liked The Stranger so much that I attempted to watch the mini-series on Netflix but couldn't make it through the first episode. I tried more than once but ended up giving up. Part way into May and the story, Missing You, I had another Harlan Coben title on the way to my house, but I'll save that story for the next post!


No comments :