Dry November ...

It's hard to believe it's November already. The year has flown by and it's been a fun one. While Taiwan has watched the rest of the world deal with lockdowns and closures, life has continued on with some form of normalcy. 

It's been an interesting year, indeed. For myself and for the world. I am grateful I managed to sneak in an adventurous vacation in the Philippines before the whole Co-vid thing started. It may be some time before I am allowed to leave this lovely little island that I call home. Quarantines seem like they are here to stay.

Being stuck in Taiwan this  summer allowed me to pick up some extra work (mostly for the a/c) and a new hobby — river tracing. I am kicking myself for not having picked it up years ago. It combines everything I like: climbing, hiking and swimming! It is wicked fun!

As we move closer to 2021, I fear I'll be stuck in Taiwan again next year. I suppose it won't hurt my feelings too much! Of course, I'll be sad not to see my family but I have a list of rivers I'd love to explore and having a month off in summer to do that would be amazing!

Anyway, I am getting off track of what this post was supposed to be about which is goals. Setting goals and getting them done! I have to admit, I've been fairly successful this year. The biggest goal has been doing more reading. I promised myself one book a month and I am currently halfway through book #11. Right on track!

I also decided to knock off the top three places on my 'to see' list this summer since leaving Taiwan wasn't an option. The place that was on the very top of the list held that spot for almost ten years! Pushing the delete key and watching it disappear was delightful!

My newest venture, which may be challenging as we near the end of the month and the American thanksgiving, is dry November. I had originally planned to do dry February but was on vacation in the Philippines at the time, so there was no way that was happening! I did attempt it at one or two other points throughout 2020 but never really made it more than a few days. Oops! It will be interesting to see if I am successful this month. So far so good but I'm only four days in. 

As a motivation tool, I made myself a glass that I am going to fill up as I go. I'm already thirsty just looking at it. ♥︎

No comments :