Kinmen Island: Day 1 ...

Deyue Tower (得月樓)
My first time on an airplane since early 2020! It was quite exciting! I landed on Kinmen (金門) around 11:00AM. My plan was to rent a scooter at the airport but the three shops there had no scooters available. Apparently one has to book in advance. Oops!

I caught a taxi to my guesthouse and on my way over I sent them a note to say I was without a scooter and asked if they could help me find one. I arrived at the guesthouse around 11:30 and a scooter guy was there just after noon to drop me off a brand new scooter! Talk about convenience!

The day was hot and sunny! I took off fairly quickly to explore a few areas. I knew rain was in the forecast for Sunday and Monday, so I spent the afternoon checking out as many places as I could while the weather was so good! The island roads were fairly quiet and there didn't seem to be many tourists around which is the way I like it!

So many cute houses like this one around the island

At Cihu Cidi (慈湖慈堤) looking toward Xiamen, China in the distance

My guesthouse, Luofunjyu (落番居) at night 

No comments :