Sunday, October 2nd 2005

Well ... here goes nothing ... my very first blog ... more and more of my friends are doing the 'blog' thing ... I have managed to have a look here and there and it all seems quite interesting. I thought ... why not try one for myself ... I certainly like to write. I suppose blogging is kind of like talking to noone ... as one never really knows whose eyes might be reading.

I've been writing a chinese journal (中文日記 zhong1 wen2 re4 ji4) daily ... well, not quite daily ... the past two weeks have been rather busy ... anyways, I quite enjoy being able to write my daily activities out ... of course, it's rather limiting as my vocabulary isn't so big as of yet. Perhaps I find it all so interesting due to the fact that it's in Chinese ... we shall see!

Today is a typhoon day ... we have certainly had our share this year. I think I've already had 4 unpaid days off due to typhoons ... one can hardly afford another ... with the way I like to spend money!

The wind has been howling all night and still remains. Right now my balconies are covered with leaves that have been blown off the trees ... the screens on my windows are misplaced due to winds blowing them back and forth ... sand bags have been placed at the main entrance to my building ... ah ... typhoons ... gotta love em!

Typhoons do, however, make for a nice excuse to stay home and relax ... and this is how the blog starts ...

No comments :