Tuesday, October 4th 2005

Today, as I was sweeping my balconies clear of odds and ends from Typhoon Longwang, (龍王 long2 wang2) meaning 'dragon king', I had to think about the article I read last night. I'm normally not one for newspapers as I find the content to be a tad depressing, however, I had a private last night so I thought the english newspaper (英文報 ying1 wen2 bao4) to be a good idea. A few words from the 'Taipei Times' ...

-- after pounding the nation with heavy winds and rain -- winds up to 230kph -- blackouts left more than 100,000 without power -- rooftops were ripped away -- cars and motorcycles were tossed about like toys -- six homes were leveled --

I think that's more than enough, ya? ... so ... anyways ... while I was sweeping away ... um, silently cursing the trees and the winds ... I have to say, I felt a bit lucky to have a balcony to sweep. Actually ... two ... two balconies to sweep.

No comments :