Monday December 12th, 2005

It's hard to believe Christmas is just around the corner. My parents will be arriving in Taiwan in a few days ... they are scheduled to get here early Friday morning. I hope they don't find it too cold. It's about 15 degrees these days, but inside seems just as cold as the outside. My little heater is giving all its got, but it isn't cutting it! My tree is decorated and is hiding in the back room. The cats can't seem to behave themselves, so they have lost climbing privledges.

This weekend was filled with lots of holiday shopping. Shopping for Christmas in Asia is an interesting thing. When you shop in North America, one is used to being able to go to the mall for one stop shopping. The malls here are too expensive to do shopping in, so one has to resort to the many morning, day and night markets. Shopping in the markets allows one to buy some pretty unique things ... I think it will prove to be an interesting Christmas.

I am hosting a turkey dinner at my place on Christmas day. I am expecting about 15 people. My friend, Vernon, will be bringing over his BBQ and we are hoping to roast two turkeys on it. We will also do up some ham in my oven and the rest will be a pot luck, leaving it up to the guests. I feel pretty lucky to have had two turkey meals already this year ... a third is ... well ... pretty special! I guess I'm making up for the past two years of not having any turkey in my life.

My 30th birthday is not even two weeks away ... I'm pretty excited about it! We will be having a big party at a place called People's in Taipei. It's a posh Japanese restaurant ... I hope to get lots of pics. I'm not sure where the past 30 years have gone ... I guess time flies when you're having fun!

No comments :