Friday December 23rd, 2005

The cats ... love them ... had me up early this morning ... early enough to watch the beautiful sun rise ... I suppose it was fitting to watch the day come in as today is my 30th birthday! It looks like it will be a great day ... blue, blue skies!

My parents have been enjoying their time here very much ... they are currently at my brother's house and have been there for the past few nights. Although we haven't done much with them, they seem thrilled with our life here. We have introduced them to the plentiful, wonderful food this country has to offer, but that's seems about it. We've all been talking about how many pounds we've put on from all the good food. I suppose that's what the holidays are all about, right? Last night I treated Mom and Bill to my favourite restaurant ... Ali Baba's Indian Cuisine ... it was quite different for them, but they thought the food was terrific ... a bit spicy, perhaps!

We introduced them to teppanyaki, which they love ... I mean how can one not love teppanyaki? They are hoping to be able to find a teppanyaki restaurant upon their return to Victoria. I think Mom will hit China town as well to try and track down some of the special dishes we've introduced her to here in Taiwan.

Tonight is my party at 'People Restaurant Taipei' ... fancy food and fancy cocktails. I am looking forward to this weekend, which will be full of good friends, good food and good wine.

Merry Christmas to all ... I hope you find the holiday season brings you an extra special one this year!

No comments :