Tuesday January 17th, 2006

I received my work permit from the labor board yesterday ... they have accepted me for a 3 year visa extension! I was at the police station today and due to the fact that my passport expires 09-07, it seems that my ARC will expire one day before my passport. It is my understanding that once I renew my passport I am able to return to the police station to validate my ARC for the remainder of the three years ... it's pretty exciting stuff! It's kind of a nice feeling to know that I have the next three years to decide what my next move will be.

I am, unfortunately, waiting on a flight to Cambodia. My flight agent has sent me an itinerary, although it has me booked on a Friday and Saturday departure. I've told them I'd like to pay for the ticket but they aren't interested in accepting my money as their systems are down and they can't confirm my seat. This is leading me to the idea that I, perhaps, don't have a seat?? They assure me I do, but it can't be paid for at this time ... hmmmm. Fingers are crossed!

The weather has been amazing this winter ... so much warmer than last. Recently it's been in the mid-20's ... not so bad for January.

I have winter camp coming up next week so it's going to be busy, busy, busy! I will be working in the am along with my regular pm classes ... which means a 7.5 hour teaching day. I will be working for 2 mornings at our Yonghe school ... that should be interesting ... it's been awhile since I've taught anything outside of my two classes!

Teaching English is a pretty neat thing. Mom sent me my transcript not too long ago ... it seems that English wasn't one of my better subjects. I laugh sometimes when I think about where I am and what I am doing. I wouldn't change it for anything though. I learn so much every day, it's an amazing thing.

I am studying Chapter 24 of my 25 Chapter Chinese textbook. That means I've studied about 500+ pages of Chinese ... that's about 1000+ characters I can read and speak. I find more and more that signs are beginning to make sense ... that advertisements on magazines are also beginning to make sense ... it's crazy. I've been considering language school as I think I am at the point where I just need daily conversation practice. I've been looking into costs ... now it's just a matter of time and motivation.

Well ... Levi is in my lap, purrrrring away like an angel ... she is one happy cat ... it's sickening. I think another episode of Desperate Housewives is in order before I call it a night.

No comments :