Sunday January 8th, 2006

Happy New Year! (新年快樂 xin1 nian2 kuai4 le4) It's been awhile since I've written, so I thought I'd best put some words down. The new year is off to a good start ... very busy! (非常忙 fei1 chang2 mang2) I am currently awaiting my ARC. The policies have changed along the way so it's making it much more difficult for schools/foreigners to obtain them. My school has applied for a one month's extension for me as my paperwork won't be completed before my ARC expiry date. My school is, however, going to try and apply for a three year ARC so that we won't have to go through this process again for a long time. Fingers are crossed that all goes well.

So, in saying that ... Cambodia, here I come. I have a flight booked and am scheduled to leave on Saturday, January 28th. I will return to Taiwan on Saturday, February 11th ... 2 weeks exactly. I'm going to my friend's house today to borrow a Cambodia guide book so I can start planning out where I want to go. I have some ideas already, but a book with costs and times and maps will give me some more solid ideas.

A cold front hit Taiwan 2 days ago ... it's been about 10 degrees ... brrrr. I don't know what I'd do if I had to go back for a winter in Canada. (加拿大的冬天 jia1 na4 da4 de dong1 tian1) I am looking forward to some heat and sunshine in Cambodia. It is the dry season, so all should be good! Hope! Hope!

Well, I think that's all for now. It's early Sunday am ... it's cold in the apartment ... Levi is squished on the small space that sits between my computer and the edge of the desk ... her favourite spot to sit while I am on the computer ... her head rests on the top of my keyboard, blocking out the some of the top keys, which makes it a bit difficult to type sometimes. I push her head off, but she meows and puts her paw on my hand as if I'm trying to play, which makes typing even more difficult ... so head on the top of the keyboard it is. We know who runs the show over here!

Datsun is ... somewhere ... probably on the fridge ... that's where he usually hangs out. So, back to bed for me as it's only 730am. I love Sundays!

No comments :