Sunday April 9th, 2006

I got an email from my cousin stating that she was following my blog ... she said that she always used to see me as her little cousin but that I have now grown much more than her. It's a pretty special thing to receive an email such as that ... especially when I look back and think about how much I always looked up to my older cousin ... hoping to turn out half as cool as she! So for that email, Crystal, I thank you for your words, for your encouragement.

Saturday was a bit of a weird day. It was supposed to consist of hiking, teaching a new private and then taking a train to Dashi for a night on the beach. My scooter broke down on Friday night so I cancelled my Saturday morning hike. At 7am, my new private called to cancel the class for that afternoon. A day that was supposed to be quite busy, all of a sudden, turned into nothing much. I hit the bike shop around noon so that I could be on the road to Dashi with the crew, rather than taking the train.

The ride proved to be great, as always ... I mean, how can one complain about driving through mountain passes on a scooter ... it offers an amazing feeling of freedom. About ten minutes away from Dashi, the rain began. Unfortunately the weather didn't agree with us so much ... it rained off and on our whole time there. We made the best of it, of course, and fun was had by all.

I have made a new album with a few pics. Finally, introducing some of my loved ones here in Taiwan ... some new ... some old. We are planning a trip next weekend to Pinglin ... the only thing on my mind is, how am I going to nicely cancel my new private on Saturday. Between you and me ... wink, wink ... I just don't think it's going to work out ... Summer has arrived, friends ... finally!!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Cool~ i enjoyed the ride very much,too.~ I told all my Taiwan friends that we drove scooters to the coast, and all of them said it's crazy!!! My bum hurt after seating in the back for one and half an hour!!Next time i'll drive the scooter by my self, :P

Jennifer Turek said...

It was a grand weekend! We must do it again soon.