Tuesday May 30th, 2006

What can I say? It's been raining and raining and raining ... guess that's what I get for bragging about my outdoor pool in the last post. Grrr.

A small group of us were planning another trip to Hualien (花蓮) this weekend. Due to the rain, we've decided it's not a good idea to go. We like to spend our time in Taroko Gorge National Park ... see the photo. It is a canyon that runs 19 kilometres long and is surrounded by white, rushing water and cliffs. On any regular day the roads can be closed due to falling rocks and such. As it's now been raining for a few weeks, we assume the driving to be a little dangerous.

Tomorrow is a holiday in Taiwan as it celebrates the Dragon Boat Festival. I'm afraid it's not going to be a very nice day to check out the races. It will, however, be a nice day to cuddle up with the cats for some R & R. I don't know what's up with the weather this year ... but I am ready for some hot sunshine!

2 comments :

Y said...

great photos!

Jennifer Turek said...

Thanks y ... I've checked out your blog and the same goes back to you!