Thursday July 13th, 2006


If you look really close, I'm sure you can still see us on the map ... It's been a wet, wet day. My private cancelled this evening due to the typhoon. After my last class, I left telling everyone I'd see them on Monday. A decision will be made by 11pm ... I wonder what tomorrow holds. My hopes ...a three day weekend.

Yesterday was hot and wet ... Sheets of rain for 5 - 20 minutes, then hot, hot sun ... rain, then sun. If you got caught in one of the storm clouds, you just had to scoot around for an extra 10 minutes following the sun ... you'd then be dry.

Today was the typical 'severe tropical storm is on the way' kinda day. In the morning, men were working around Shui Lien roping the trees to things more concrete. Sand bags placed at the doors of buildings. Wet leaves and garbage scattered here and there ... clothes from balconies crumpled on the grounds from the whipping wind that kept me awake most of the night.

It took me a half hour to get to work today due to the traffic ... It was backed up for what seemed like miles. As there were three lines of cars for two lane roads, it made it tough for the scooters to get around. Cops were everywhere trying to control the madness ... they seemed frustrated, nevermind being soaking wet.

Ahh ... typhoons ... can it really be that season again already?

5 comments :

The Royals and Gentleman Beau said...

Hi Jenn!

I'm so pleased you sent Levi's photo in to Kat's Cat today! Looked at the albums for Levi and Datsun. Levi's markings are so beautiful - intriguing! Datsun is beautiful as well. They both have a strong presence in photos. Please send Datsun's picture in, if you havent already, or the Peanut Gallery will start up on you!
LOVE THE CANADA DAY BUMPER STICKER!!! Do you think there's a chance I could get one of those?! Travelled to the UK back in the Reagan years...there was a truly loud, brazen American couple in the A/P in Ireland for an early flight. The woman did nothing but complain as loudly as her big fat mouth could manage of how she hated Ireland, because it rained several days. I was sooo embarassed, I went looking in shops trying to find a Maple Leaf to put on my carry-on bag, God's Honest Truth! Bush pretty much is a carbuncle on the U.S.'s backside. I apologise for not voting in the last election!
I need to leave a post on Kat's blog. Chat more later!

Jennifer Turek said...

I'm just waking up, so I will have to check it out! I believe she's already taken some photos of Datsun as well. I left you a msg on your blog as to the bumper sticker. Right click and copy ... that should work! Thanks and we'll chat soon!

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

Hi Jenn! I find your blog to be fascinating! I love your cats and am so happy to have met Levi today. Datsun will have his day in the sun very soon from what I'm told. But back to your blog. I love the with which you see Taiwan. I am envious and wish I could experience it, too. I'm such a big dreamer with incredible wanderlust! You photograph so well! Your picture is beautiful. I love when I can put a face to the screen name!

Anyway, I'm Kim and I'm the one organizing the Fuzz Family Get Together in 2008. I hope you consider joing the fuzzies first vacation. I have a link at Kat's blog if you're interested in checking it out.

Jennifer Turek said...

Hi, Kim! Nice to meet you! Thanks for your words ... I am off to your site to check it out!

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»