Home Sweet Home ...

Today seemed like the perfect day to arrive. Although I was tired, the plane landed just in time for the sun to show. The airport is about an hour away from my house ... it was really nice to be able to watch the day come in. Taiwan varies greatly from day to night ... each bringing lots of different goodies.

I arrived home to a big, white apartment and two unhappy kitties. I miss having coloured walls ... it was nice to see so many during my travels. If I want to paint the walls here, I have to paint them back to white before leaving. I'm not sure it's worth the work as I don't know that I'll be here for too many more years.

Lea and Dustin drove me to the airport on Friday night for the trip home. (Thank you, thank you!) Three hours in the airport, twelve hours on the plane and then another two for customs, bags and the limo home made for a long trip. You'd think the more you have under your belt, the easier they'd become but I don't think this is so. It was a long flight.

One thing I will say ... although I spent the month complaining about the cold ... I am shocked at the humidity. First thing I did when I got in the door was strip down to some short shorts and a tank and I'm still dripping with sweat. Hamilton, humid? Hahahaha ... take the trip to Asia and see what the word really means.

My cats still aren't ... cooperating with me at the moment. They are both hiding in the couch. I can't access them where they are now, but I can lie on the floor and talk to them and guess what ... they are both purring like idiots, yet neither will come out. Each time one or the other comes out, they stare at me with these unhappy eyes and if I make a motion to go towards them, back in the couch they go ... brats. I guess they have a right to express their disapproval.

A storm is coming in ... I guess it wasn't such a good day to do laundry as I don't have a dryer. Thunder is pounding out there ... it's not helping with the cat situation. I even tried luring them out with some new tasty treats but no dice. Rain is coming down in sheets ... I'd say torrential even ... after one month of blue skies and sunshine ... the rain is kinda nice ... it's definitely cooling down that humid, sticky air. I guess you really do get acclimatized easily to what surrounds you. I miss the food already, that is for sure.

Anyway ... my apartment is a mess and I have a ton of things to unpack so off I go. I hope to be making some changes to my blog over the next few weeks, if time permits. Keep your eyes posted ...

2 comments :

Ratchy Ratch said...

Yup... humid... I'm here in Korea at a PC Bang that has broken air conditoning and I feel like a fountain... just chatted with you actually... I can't imagine what summer will be like.. Yikes!

Jennifer Turek said...

Yikes is right! I haven't stopped sweating since my arrival ... two showers and two shirts a day!! Enjoy and good luck ... speak with you soon.